Within their premises, prisons rely on multiple security systems to ensure the safety of staff, inmates and visitors, and to prevent escapes. Outside the facility is a very different story.
An increasingly serious problem many prisons face is the ease with which an individual can approach a fence from the exterior and throw packages that contain pre-paid cell phones, drugs, weapons and other contraband into the prison grounds. Cars loitering outside prisons pose another threat.
Given the expansive nature of these sites and the significant risk to insiders and outsiders, prisons require a more comprehensive level of protection than common solutions.
Prisons face a number of challenges when securing their perimeters, beginning with the size of the perimeters that must be secured.
Sometimes these facilities border public spaces, requiring an early warning system that extends beyond the prison fence. Such a buffer zone of security has to be implemented without purchasing additional land or installing additional barriers. Areas beyond the grounds can be poorly lit, leaving them vulnerable to activities that occur at night.
SightLogix solutions are being used for correctional perimeters around the world because they deliver the accurate, reliable detection necessary to maintain the highest level of awareness.
Among their chief advantages for correctional facilities, they can:
- Provide early warning of intruders over massive buffer zones beyond the fence – detecting people and cars over hundreds of meters far and wide
- Operate in complete darkness along unlit public spaces
- Deliver high security performance in all weather conditions
- Employ geospatial analytics that only detect intruders approaching the facility, or only those leaving, or both
- Automatically zoom and follow a detected target for real-time assessment
We work directly with our clients and their integrators to develop a complete design solution that uses SightLogix smart cameras to provide comprehensive protection over these important assets.
The unique challenges of protecting correctional facilities can be met by using the right combination of technologies. The capabilities of smart thermal camera systems to provide video security are an ideal solution to address these challenges and help to keep our communities safe.
With a proven track record of providing a high level of security for corrections, our clients can expect:
- Excellent detection with minimal nuisance alarms
- Reduced infrastructure and maintenance costs from reliable, long-range systems built to survive the toughest elements
- A system that is very easy to install, setup and maintain
- Outstanding support from the SightLogix team
When looking for a solution that provides the highest level of detection performance and that is used around the world to protect correctional perimeters, our clients choose SightLogix.