Thanks to generations of security protocols that ensure only verified passengers can enter the buildings, airport terminals are among the most highly protected locations there are. Now that passenger access points have been secured, more attention is being paid to airport perimeters.
Airports present a unique set of outdoor challenges. While having requirements to protect wide, expansive perimeters, they also contain smaller areas of vulnerability – entry points, baggage storage, fuel depots and more.
Any unwanted intrusion presents significant risk that can reach national security concerns.
Given the complexity – and threat level – airports must deploy security solutions that offer adaptability, flexibility, and outstanding detection reliability.
Given the large size of airport properties and their number of moving objects, airport perimeter security can be of the more challenging types of perimeter security.
People responsible for protecting airport perimeters are often concerned about:
- Ensuring that people are not breaching airport perimeters undetected and gaining access to runways, parked aircraft, or other sensitive locations
- Reducing risks from cargo theft, equipment sabotage, and controlled substance smuggling
- Liability and negative perception caused by highly publicized breaches
Even with these challenges, SightLogix solutions offer an adaptable, flexible and effective airport perimeter solution to meet the complexities and eliminate the risks.
Achieving security awareness for airport perimeters comes down to timely, credible alerts with detail to respond. Knowing the nature and location of an intrusion is the key to mounting an effective response.
Airport clients have turned to SightLogix smart thermal cameras to address perimeter security challenges for a number of reasons, including:
- Our system’s unmatched analytic detection performance, which detects and acquires an intruder’s speed, bearing, and geo-location in milliseconds – for the fastest preemptive response
- The power of our system to provide early warning of intruders over massive buffer zones beyond the airport walls – detecting intruders outside, inside, and at the fence – over hundreds of meters far and wide
- Built-in stabilization ensuring reliable detection in the presence of wind or airport vibrations
- Wide-area, long-distance detection lets airports protect the most vulnerable areas first, like fuel depots, planes, cargo areas, as well as the main entry and exit points – with just a few devices
- Our system’s ability to automatically zoom and follow a detected target for real-time situational awareness over large airport perimeters
- Operating in complete darkness as well as glare conditions caused by the rising or setting sun, headlights, reflected light and other sources.
With our suite of products, you can choose the right camera for the right job, creating a complete perimeter security system adaptable to meet your specific needs.
Customer Focus – Buffalo Niagara International
As an example of a typical SightLogix airport security application, a Transportation Security Aviation (TSA) test at Buffalo Airport confirmed the detection accuracy of our thermal system in the challenging environment typical of many airports.
After deployment of a SightLogix solution to monitor the fence line, the TSA reported that the “evaluation team performed over 900 scenarios in which every alarm instance was accurately reported.”
The test showed that it is possible to ensure accuracy, even in an uncontrolled environment with constant changes in lighting, wind, clouds and other variables, and to provide effective outdoor security that isn’t plagued by nuisance alarms and misdetects.
View our video:
Solving Airport Perimeter Breaches with Smart Thermal Solutions
With a proven track record of providing a high level of security for airports, our clients can expect:
- Excellent detection with minimal nuisance alarms
- Reduced infrastructure and maintenance costs from reliable, long-range systems built to survive the toughest elements
- A system that is very easy to install, setup and maintain
- Outstanding support from the SightLogix team
When looking for a solution that provides the highest level of detection performance and that is used around the world to protect airport perimeters, our clients choose SightLogix.