Data centers are the backbone of the digital economy. Securing these sites from perimeter intrusions is essential for protecting access to the services we rely on every day.
While much attention has been paid to cyber security, data center organizations are now turning to the physical protection of their facilities, where vast volumes of information are stored into a concentrated area, exposing new risks.
Beyond the risk to the stored data itself, organizations are concerned about the safety of outdoor power systems to local communities, and potential theft of expensive networking and computing equipment within the data center building.
Data centers need to take the same security mentality that is now common for the network, where firewalls, antivirus and other cyber security methods are standard practice, and extend it to perimeters and buffers zones around the physical data center facility.
People responsible for protection data center assets are often concerned about:
- Protecting business-critical data from theft, sabotage, or destruction
- Disruption of service that threatens access to these vital applications
- Ensuring that people are not encroaching onto expansive data center perimeters undetected
- Cataloging people and vehicle traffic around the facility during the day
- Protecting personnel and the community from risks of compromised local power systems
- Liability and negative perception caused by theft or disruption
SightLogix smart thermal cameras are being used to secure mission-critical data center perimeters around the world, protecting financial, media, telecommunication, and national security applications.
Our clients have turned to SightLogix smart thermal cameras to address data center perimeter challenges for a number of reasons, including:
- Our system’s unmatched analytic detection performance, which detects and acquires an intruder’s speed, bearing, and geo-location in milliseconds – for the fastest preemptive response
- The power of our system to provide early warning of intruders over massive buffer zones beyond the data center walls – detecting intruders outside, inside, and at the perimeter fence – over hundreds of meters far and wide
- Our system’s ability to automatically zoom and follow a detected target for real-time assessment
We work directly with our clients and their integrators to develop a complete design solution that uses SightLogix smart cameras to provide comprehensive protection over these important assets.
Customer Focus – SightLogix Data Center Application
SightLogix data center customers include Telecom Italia Mobile (TIM) in Italy, where the system is used to alert onsite guards the instant an intrusion occurs over their expansive grounds, spanning 57 acres, creating a blanket of awareness around the entire perimeter with many fewer cameras compared to alternatives.
In the US, a major financial trading organization has been using the SightLogix system to address security and safety concerns. Like many data centers, the site is located near a residential area where lighting is either not allowed or not desired, making thermal cameras, which operate in complete darkness, a good choice. The site also utilizes high-voltage step-down transformers to meet power requirements, creating a serious safety risk should someone enter the facility’s perimeter for commonplace reasons like retrieving a thrown ball. For this reason, they needed highly reliable detection with real-time alerts provided by the SightLogix system.
Other data center clients using SightLogix smart thermal solutions include a federal facility hosting important resources, and Fortune 10 organizations in the US and Canada.
With a proven track record of providing a high level of perimeter security for data centers, our clients can expect:
- Excellent detection with minimal nuisance alarms
- Reduced infrastructure and maintenance costs from reliable, long-range systems built to survive the toughest elements
- A system that is very easy to install, setup and maintain
- Outstanding support from the SightLogix team
When looking for a solution that provides the highest level of detection performance and that is used around the world to protect data center assets, our clients choose SightLogix.