PROTECTING CONSTRUCTION SITES
The construction industry counts on heavy equipment to get jobs done. According to the NICB, $300 million to $1 billion in equipment is stolen from commercial and industrial construction sites every year in the United States. In addition to stealing equipment, another high-value product is the fuel that is used to power generators and vehicles across the site. Theft and vandalism cause losses in terms of damage and can increase the construction project’s cost even more by delaying timelines by weeks.
Due to its temporary nature, construction site perimeter security can be challenging. People responsible for protecting construction perimeters are often concerned about:
- Protecting business-critical equipment and materials from theft
- Protecting operations and human life on site during work hours
- Lack of capabilities to save security footage on site
- Difficulty and cost of setting up and monitoring a site that will not be long-term
- Liability of injury at the construction site by both authorized and unauthorized persons
Even with these challenges, SightLogix solutions offer an adaptable, flexible and effective construction perimeter solution to meet the complexities and eliminate the risks.
SightSensor smart detection cameras use powerful thermal video analytics coupled with visible color video to provide construction sites with accurate intruder detection and low nuisance alerts.
Our clients have turned to SightLogix smart thermal cameras to address construction site security challenges for a number of reasons, including:
- Our system’s unmatched analytic detection performance, which detects and acquires an intruder’s speed, bearing and geo-location in milliseconds – for the fastest preemptive response
- The power of our geospatial system to provide early-warning over hundreds of meters far and wide
- Dual-video thermal and visible systems that provide a layered solution you can trust 24/7/365
- Our system’s ability to automatically zoom and follow a detected target for real-time assessment
- Onboard video storage via built-in Onboard video storage of alarm events accessed via web browser
- An easy to use, remotely configurable interface with one-click analytics and calibration
We work directly with our clients to develop a solution that uses SightLogix smart cameras to provide comprehensive protection. The capabilities of smart thermal camera systems to provide video security are an ideal solution to address these challenges and help to keep construction sites safe.
View our video:
Construction Site Applications
With a proven track record of providing a high level of security for outdoor sites, our clients can expect:
- Excellent detection with minimal nuisance alarms
- Reduced infrastructure and maintenance costs from reliable, long-range systems built to survive the toughest elements
- A system that is very easy to install, setup and maintain
- Outstanding support from the SightLogix team
When looking for a solution that provides the highest level of detection performance and that is used around the world to protect fenced lots and property, our clients choose SightLogix.