Port perimeter security is the first line of defense from disruption to global commerce. There are hundreds of ports in a nation’s maritime system, representing a major point of vulnerability that could have potentially devastating effects on the economy.
Ports cover large geographic areas that include vast and varied perimeters that are not capable of being secured the same way.
For example, fences aren’t feasible for the waterside segment of a perimeter. Physical barriers also do not provide the necessary situational awareness over the large areas typical for a port setting.
People responsible for protecting ports are often concerned about:
- Detecting intruders with high reliability over large perimeters in the difficult outdoors
- Gaining early awareness about intrusions so there is time to react
- Maintaining reliable detection in the presence of water and difficult weather conditions
- Maintaining the safety of personnel and the community
- Addressing a wide range of threats, from theft to vandalism to sabotage, over multiple applications – rail, electrical yards, and chemical
- Liability and negative perception caused by theft or disruption
- Ensuring compliance with national maritime security guidelines
Even with these challenges, technologies exist that port organizations can employ to effectively eliminate the risks.
SightLogix SightSensors are being used to protect port perimeters around the world because they deliver the accurate, reliable detection necessary to maintain the highest level of awareness and meet national security requirements.
Our clients have turned to SightLogix smart thermal cameras to address port security challenges for a number of reasons, including:
- Our system’s unmatched analytic detection performance, which detects and acquires an intruder’s speed, bearing, and geo-location in milliseconds – for the fastest preemptive response
- The power of our geospatial system to provide early-warning over massive buffer zones at the fence and over large, unfenced areas – over hundreds of meters far and wide
- Our system’s ability to automatically zoom and follow a detected target for real-time assessment
- Provide a video analytic “blanket” of security around cargo stored inside the perimeter to mitigate possible sabotage or theft where fences would impede operations
- SightSensors’ unprecedented thermal video clarity to quickly assess a security event as it unfolds
We work directly with our clients and their integrators to develop a complete design solution that uses SightLogix smart cameras to provide comprehensive protection over these important assets.
The unique challenges of protecting ports can be met by using the right combination of technologies. The capabilities of smart thermal camera systems to provide video security are an ideal solution to address these challenges and help to keep our communities safe.
With a proven track record of providing a high level of security for ports, our clients can expect:
- Excellent detection with minimal nuisance alarms
- Reduced infrastructure and maintenance costs from reliable, long-range systems built to survive the toughest elements
- A system that is very easy to install, setup and maintain
- Outstanding support from the SightLogix team
When looking for a solution that provides the highest level of detection performance and that is used around the world to protect port perimeters, our clients choose SightLogix.