What is the SightLogix Outdoor Video System?
The SightLogix Outdoor Video Security System detects and identifies intrusions over your outdoor areas and site perimeters. The system is made up of several products which work together for accurate, cost-effective automated situational awareness around critical outdoor assets, with greatly lowered nuisance alarms and high detection accuracy.
The key to the SightLogix solution is that it seamlessly augments a wide range of partner systems that you have already purchased or are considering, without requiring additional training.
What is the SightSensor?
The SightSensor is a fixed video analytic detection camera, available as a visible camera or Long Wave Infrared (LWIR) thermal camera (SightSensor NS60 is a lower-priced thermal SightSensor, with the same video analytic functionality). The SightSensor is an IP device. It is ruggedized and nitrogen-pressurized to survive very harsh outdoor conditions (even the Canadian arctic or the Middle East desert).
The SightSensor detects intruders that violate video analytic rules that you have defined, placing a red box on intruders and tracking them through the field of view. The video analytic software is embedded directly within the camera.
Thermal SightSensors also present a strikingly clear thermal image, more like a black and white video than other thermal cameras you’ve seen before.
Video and target information, GPS-location, speed, location, bearing, and other data is sent from the SightSensor over the network to a Video Management System (VMS) or Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) system for display and alarm management. SightLogix works with almost all major VMS and PSIM systems (click for our current partners).
Visible SightSensors use a variable focused zoom lens (2.8° to 48°). A wide-angle visible SightSensor is also available with a 105° fixed lens.
Thermal SightSensors are available in several fixed lenses, from 7° to 63°. SightSurvey is used to determine the correct focal length to ensure proper coverage at each area of your site’s perimeter.
The SightSensor draws about 15 watts of power, and works over standard 24V VAC/DC. The SightSensor also works over PoE+. An analog-out option is provided for connecting to legacy systems.
What Makes the SightSensor different from other Video Analytic Cameras?
- SightSensors use a high amount of on-board image processing. This gives them accurate detection, clearer images (for the thermal version), lower nuisance alarms and fewer misdetects.
- SightSensors cover twice the distance and four times the area compared to others.
- Greater coverage means fewer cameras and infrastructure (half the poles, power, etc), reducing costs.
- SightSensor video analytics are embedded in the camera, and analyze the raw video right off the imager.
- They’re the only video analytic camera georegistered to know the GPS location of every pixel in the scene.
- Georegistration lets you make accurate size rules to filter small objects like animals.
- GPS is used to auto-steer PTZ cameras to zoom, follow and help identify targets.
- SightSensors electronically stabilize the image before video analytic rules are applied.
- Thermal SightSensors use a high level of image processing to produce a very clear image, more like a black and white photo than thermal cameras you’ve seen before.
- SightSensors are built for outdoors. They’re nitrogen filled and ruggedized for any climate. They can survive the Canadian Arctic to the Middle East desert.
What distances can the SightSensor detect a human intruder?
- Visible SightSensors detect inbound human-sized targets up to 460 meters (1500 feet).
- Thermal SightSensors detect inbound human-sized objects at distances up to 620 meters (2035 feet).
What is the SightTracker?
SightTracker provides automated PTZ tracking and is usually installed on the same pole as the SightSensor. SightTrackers use the GPS-based target information from a SightSensor for autotracking PTZ functionality to steer and zoom a third-party PTZ (such as from Bosch or Pelco). Fixed SightSensors provide long-range detection, and the SightTracker provides up-close, automated identification.
SightTrackers draw 12 watts of power and work over standard 24V VAC/DC.
What Software do I need for the SightLogix system?
There are two options for configuring a SightLogix system: EasyConfig mode and Enterprise mode.
EasyConfig is a one-step calibration for situations where geo-registration and automatic PTZ tracking are not required.
With EZ-Config, simply enter the height of the camera off the ground and the camera automatically calibrates itself to determine the actual size of every object in the field of view using GPS technology. This allows a high probability of detect while applying very accurate size filters to eliminate nuisance alerts. In seconds you enable stable, effective four-season accuracy out of the box.
Enterprise Mode uses SightMonitor, a configuration and monitoring software for devices in the SightLogix system (at left). It consists of Coordination System (CS) server software and one or more SightMonitor clients. The CS server is usually installed on the same computer as the VMS.
Enterprise Mode allows for mapping the GPS coordinates of detected targets onto a site map for situational awareness, and auto-steering PTZs to follow intrusions. Enterprise mode takes a few additional minutes of configuration time per camera, but provides comprehensive situational awareness, desired in applications where there are more than a few cameras. Detected targets can also be seen as dots moving in real time on the SightMonitor, which provides a top-down view of your site.
What is SightSurvey?
SightSurvey is a web-based design tool that uses the Google maps interface to place SightLogix cameras on your actual site. It determines lens sizes, helps make sure that the blind spot under the camera is covered, and provides a price quote and camera count.
SightSurvey is a free tool for designers, A&E’s, consultants, integrators and security professionals. Register for SightSurvey here.
Does the camera work with my VMS?
Most likely. SightSensors are compatible with most major VMS and PSIM systems. Click here for some of our current technology partners.
How Do I Buy SightLogix Products?
SightLogix products are only available through an international network of authorized system integrators and resellers. We do not sell directly to end users. Learn how to buy SightLogix solutions here.
We also offer a complete design center to help you choose the best system for your actual site. Contact SightLogix for design assistance, pricing information, or advice on designing an outdoor video security system. Request Design Support here.