Smart outdoor security cameras boost security by automatically alerting personnel to take action when a security event occurs. When it comes to protecting outdoor areas, the key is to use best practices of installation and equipment selection.
This white paper presents several best practices for deploying outdoor video analytics for perimeter security, including how to:
- Accurately detect and pinpoint security violations as they unfold
- Reduce outdoor security nuisance alerts
- Address blind spots under the camera
- Determine a camera’s true detection range
- Contain security costs: Seaport case study
- Use best practice tools that may be helpful